For dancers wishing to audition in Houston, Texas, we have compiled some helpful information about street closures and changes to traffic patterns.
Prepare for additional traffic due to the Super Bowl!! The NFL Honors event, Saturday evening from 7:00-10:00 pm at the Wortham Theater will most directly impact traffic getting to and from Houston Ballet. Some links you may find helpful:
Link to Super Bowl Transportation Guide, including tips for recommended routes, downtown parking, and more: http://www.housuperbowl.com/transportation
Houston Ballet parking guide: https://www.houstonballet.org/plan-your-visit/buildings-parking/ Note, they cannot say what impact Super Bowl events may have on availability.
Per contact at Houston Ballet, the closures below are ones that will impact their immediate area, depending on the time you plan to arrive.
Italicized items are full road closures. See the attachment for a map of closures in Theater District and the re-routed routes, according to time.
Sunday, January 29, 2017, at 6 am to Sunday, February 5, 2017, at 11:59 pm
- Prairie (south curb lane) from Smith to Bagby
- Preston (north and two south curb lanes) from Bagby to Smith
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, at 6 am to Sunday, February 5, 2017, at 9 am
- Smith (west curb lane) from Prairie to Texas
- Texas (north curb lane) from Smith to Bagby
Saturday, February 4, 2017,
- Smith (east curb lane) from Prairie to Texas at 6 am until Sunday, February 5, 2017, at 9 am
- Prairie from Louisiana to Bagby at 10 am until Saturday, February 4, 2017, at 11:59 pm
- Louisiana (west curb lane) from Rusk to Prairie at 2 pm until Saturday, February 4, 2017, at 11:59 pm
- Smith from Preston to Texas at 2 pm until Saturday, February 4, 2017, at 6:00 pm
- Texas from Bagby to Smith at 7:30 pm until Saturday, February 4, 2017, at 9:30 pm