Cincinnati Ballet’s Special Events Manager oversees more than 40 events each year, with everything from fundraising events for hundreds of attendees (such as An Intimate Evening and Club B) to cast parties and five annual gatherings for members of Étoile. Rachel Hinger pulls back the curtain on how long it can take to prepare for an event.
In this case, it’s for the annual Nutcracker Luncheon…and the first step happens months and months in advance:
- A Year in Advance – The venue for the event at Music Hall is reserved (before brides get to it for wedding events!)
- Nine Months in Advance – The design “look and feel” for the event is finalized & fundraising begins
- Five Months in Advance – A “Save the Date” for the event appears in the new Season Brochure; Décor planning begins, including ordering the necessary linens
- Two Months in Advance – Official invitations are sent out
- One Month in Advance – A menu tasting is held to finalize the food that will be served
- Two Days in Advance – Set-up for the event begins
- Day of the event – The magical day is here and lots of happy parents and children are in attendance (This year’s Nutcracker Luncheon is set for Saturday, December 15 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM; Information about the event here).